from the Florida Department of Education
Understanding what it's like for your child to learn under the Florida Standards is an important way to support learning. Check out the Florida Department of Education's "Parent Guides" by grade level for English Language Arts (LAFS) and Mathematics (MAFS).
FSA Portal This portal is your source for information about the Florida Standards Assessments. Florida’s K-12 assessment system measures students’ achievement of Florida’s education standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. Assessment supports instruction and student learning, and test results help Florida’s educational leadership and stakeholders determine whether the goals of the education system are being met.
See this FSA Portal Parent Guide for instructions on how to access FSA Practice Tests and find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
FloridaStudents.org is your source for FL Standards Student Tutorials and Resources to support learning in language arts, mathematics, science, and civics. No log in account is required to use the resources. This is a fantastic way to support standards based learning at home through videos, online games, and practice tutorials.
What is Just Take 20? The FLDOE created Just Take 20 to provide K-12 Florida families with practical, easy-to-implement reading activities that establish literacy as a lifelong value. Just Take 20 encourages families to seize everyday teachable moments by using 20 minutes a day to integrate reading into their busy lives.
Home - School Connection Newsletters for Parents
Helpful Websites & Apps
All Content Areas
- FunBrain has online educational games for math, grammar, science, spelling, and history at various grade levels.
- Interactive Sites for Education lists several K-5 educational sites by subject and topic.
- Kids.gov is the official kids' portal for the U.S. government that provides information geared to the learning level and interest of kids.
- Quizlet makes simple tools that let you study anything, anywhere.
English Language Arts
- Book Adventure is a a free, motivational reading program available to children in grades K-8.
- Pearson Realize is the online platform to support the district-adopted elementary reading curriculum. Students can access e-books, literacy games, and more by logging in with their username & password.
- Starfall is a fun, free site that helps teach the basics of reading through interactive books and phonics games.
- TumbleBook Library is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach children the joys of reading in a format they'll love.
- AAAMath is a free, comprehensive collection of interactive math lessons for grades K-8.
- Citrus County Schools Math Website provides information about district-created curriculum maps and resources.
- Cyberchase is from PBSKids and has lots of free math games and puzzles.
- Go Math! is the online platform to support the district-adopted elementary math curriculum. Students can access e-books, math games, and more by logging in with their username & password.
- Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- Math Playground is filled with 100s of math games, logic puzzles, math word problems and step by step videos.
- Amazing Space provides resources and homework help for a variety of space topics.
- Bill Nye Educational Resources provides episode guides and printables by science concept.
- Citrus County Schools Science Website provides information about district-created curriculum maps and resources.
- Kids Biology is an interactive site that helps kids learn about cells.
- Citrus County Schools Social Studies Website provides information about district-adopted curriculum and resources.
- DOGO News has short format articles for kids on current events, sports and more plus lots of pictures, videos and an interactive map!
- Scholastic provides daily news and current events in print and video...just for KIDS!
- Quaver's Marvelous World of Music is the district-adopted, online, music curriculum that students can access with a username & password.