Pearson's Reading Street series is the district-adopted, core reading currilculm for elementary students. This program addresses the six areas of reading and supports whole group instruction, small group instruction and targeted intervention through differentiated instructional strategies. For more information about Pearson Realize, the digital platform for the Reading Street series, please scroll down.
Pearson Realize, formerly known as Pearson Successnet, is the digital platform that supports our district-adopted reading curriculum: Pearson's Reading Street series. Pearson Realize brings the reading series to life by offering digital texts, online assessments, and interactive lessons.
More Pearson Realize Support Topics:
How to Reset Student Passwords
Mobile eText Support
On-Demand Pearson Tutorials
Online Help for Teachers
Pearson Realize Parent Letter (English) or (Spanish)
Pearson Realize: The Student Experience
Sunshine State Young Readers Award Books '16-17
Sunshine State Young Readers' Award Program
Once again, the Florida Department of Education and the Florida Association for Media in Education is proud to release this year's Sunshine State Young Readers' Award Titles! These books have been selected as model contemporary texts that will help promote lifelong reading and motivate students in grades three through eight to read high quality, high interest literature.
Additional Reading Resources
- Close Reading vs. Reading Strategies Instruction
- English Language Arts Formative Assessment System (ELFAS): ELFAS contains nearly 1,500 formative assessment performance tasks--four tasks per LAFS for each grade, K-8.
- Empowering Teachers: Empowering Teachers is an online resource for Kindergarten - 3rd Grade Teachers. It provides research on the building blocks of reading and scripted lessons for the 5 components of reading (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension).
- FCRR: Student Center Activities (Grades K-5): Just Read, Florida! funded the Florida Center for Reading Research (FCRR) to create student center activities for use in kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms. These materials support differentiated instruction in the 5 components of reading.
- Literacy Essentials and Reading Network (LEaRN): LEaRN is a website for educators to access scientifically based reading instruction being implemented in a classroom through video clippings. Educators will also have the opportunity to view actual live commentary by reading experts. LEaRN focuses on the practice of teaching reading, on information and visible teaching examples that are directly applicable to classroom activities.
- Reading Model Lesson Series: The FLDOE, Just Read! FL Office and the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services has produced videos of Reading Model Lessons which provide commentary and instruction in Oral Language, Phonological Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary and Comprehension at both the elementary and secondary levels. These videos provide opportunities to observe teachers as they model reading instruction and incorporate instructional practices that will prepare students to become proficient readers.
- The Key Sounds of English: This video models correct pronunciation of 44 phonemes of the English language and may be helpful when working on letter-sound correlation with students.